The Political-Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in Moldova is responsible for commercial services. The Political-Economic Section serves as a resource for U.S. companies and individuals interested in doing business in Moldova. We provide in-country counseling, general market information and relevant contact information for U.S. investors seeking new opportunities or facing obstacles. The Political-Economic Section researches and reports on a wide range of commercial and economic issues. We also advocate on behalf of U.S. companies to ensure a level playing field on which U.S. companies have the best possible chance to market their products and services.
This web site is part of our effort to provide useful commercial information to help foster economic growth in the U.S. and Moldova by assisting U.S investors and exporters learn more about Moldova. Please review the documents posted on this site and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Please note that the counseling provided by the Embassy does not relieve business people of the need to obtain expert advice from local legal, accounting, or other private advisors before undertaking business transactions in Moldova. We maintain a list of service providers.
- Opening an Office in Chisinau (PDF 142KB)
- Overview of Customs Clearance Process (PDF 225KB)
- Moldova Transportation Logistics (PDF 91KB)
- Free Economic Zones (PDF 54KB)
- U.S. Companies in Moldova (PDF 54KB)
- Moldova Business Resources (PDF 40KB)
- 2010 Country Commercial Guide for U.S. Companies (PDF 581KB)
- 2011 Investment Climate Statement (PDF, 181KB)
- American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (Amcham Moldova)
- Moldovan Investment and Export Promotion Organization (MIEPO)
- Foreign Investors Association (FIA)
- Special American Business Internship Training Program (SABIT) - In Russian
- U.S. Trade Show Events
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank)
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- Market Access and Compliance
- U.S. Government’s Export Portal
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Commercial News USA
- Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration
- U.S. Census Bureau – Foreign Trade Statistics
- Department of Commerce's site on export
A separatist regime controls a narrow strip of land in eastern Moldova
along the Ukrainian border known as Transnistria ("Pridnestrovie").
Individuals considering doing business in Transnistria should exercise
extreme caution. Many Transnistrian firms are not legally registered
with Moldovan authorities, which may complicate or prevent the import
or export of goods. An increasing number of Internet fraud schemes
have also originated in Transnistria recently.
The Government of Moldova has indicated that it will not recognize the validity of contracts for the privatization of firms in Transnistria that are concluded without the approval of the appropriate Moldovan authorities. In addition, the Embassy may not be able to offer consular or commercial services to Americans in Transnistria because of limited access.
To contact our Commercial Section
Please email us at: email@example.com
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.