Doing Business in Moldova
Feel free to use the U.S. Embassy as your first resource to explore opportunities of doing business in Moldova. We provide in-country counseling, general market information and relevant contact information to help U.S. businesses navigate the Moldovan market.
TO GET STARTED:
- American Chamber of Commerce in Moldova (Amcham Moldova)
- Moldovan Investment and Export Promotion Organization (MIEPO)
- Foreign Investors Association (FIA)
- Moldovan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Investment Guide (Moldovan Investment and Export Promotion Organization)
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Mr. Iulian Bogasieru, Economic/Commercial Assistant
U.S. Embassy Chisinau Moldova
Str. Alexei Mateevici 103,
Chisinau MD 2009, Moldova
Main switchboard +373 (22) 40 83 00
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.
- BusinessUSA.gov is the U.S. Government's official web portal to support business start-ups, growth, financing, and exporting.
A separatist regime controls a narrow strip of land in eastern Moldova along the Ukrainian border known as Transnistria ("Pridnestrovie"). Individuals considering doing business in Transnistria should exercise extreme caution. Many Transnistrian firms are not legally registered with Moldovan authorities, which may complicate or prevent the import or export of goods. An increasing number of Internet fraud schemes have also originated in Transnistria recently.
The Government of Moldova has indicated that it will not recognize the validity of contracts for the privatization of firms in Transnistria that are concluded without the approval of the appropriate Moldovan authorities. In addition, the Embassy may not be able to offer consular or commercial services to Americans in Transnistria because of limited access.