The following information is for persons who will apply for their passports at the U.S. Embassy in Chisinau. For information on applying for a passport in the United States, please click here.
The Embassy provides a wide range of passport services to Americans in Moldova. For all services, we do ask you to apply in person.
Please choose a category below to begin!
- I have a baby and need a first passport, birth registration and Social Security Number
- I'm a minor under age 16; I do not have a full-validity passport issued after the age of 16; I am a first-time adult applicant; My most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- I have a full validity passport issued to me at age 16 or older and would like to renew my passport?
- I'd like to add additional pages to my existing passport;
- I've lost my passport, or it was damaged, or it was stolen;
- I just got married and would like to change my name in my passport.
- I just received my new passport and noticed there was a printing error that I would like to have corrected;
- Passport FAQ!
Child Support and Passport Issuance
Under Section 51.70 (a) (8) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, a passport, except for direct return to the United States, will not be issued in any case in which the applicant has been certified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as notified by a state agency to be in arrears of child support in an amount exceeding $2,500.00.
Your passport will be revoked if you fall under this regulation, including when you apply for additional pages, seek a renewal or process a Report of Birth application.
Please direct any questions to the appropriate State child support enforcement agency. You may go to the Department of Health and Human Services - State Child Support Enforcement Web Site for a listing of HHS state and local agencies.
- Passport Services: Applying for a child
- Passport Services: New Application
- Passport Services: Renewing a Passport
- Passport Services: Adding Pages to Your Passport
- Passport Services: Lost and Stolen Passports
- Changing Your Name Changing Your Name in Your Passport
- Correcting Printing Errors in Your Passport
- Passport FAQs
Appointments are available:
Make an ACS appointment
Walk-ins last only 45 minutes per session and start at 15:15.
Consular section will be closed for Public Hours including ACS on November 29, 2013 and December 2, 2013. Anyone requiring emergency services please report to the main embassy reception desk.