Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
U.S. Citizen Services

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.  This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.

Emergency Contact Information

In case of a life or death emergency involving an American citizen, please call (+373 22) 408 300.

How to contact us

You may write us an email at, or fax the Consular Section at (+373 22) 22 63 61.

To access the ACS Appointment System please follow

Recorded information is available on (+373 22) 408 300, 24 hours a day.

The after-hours telephone number is (+373 22) 237 345 or (+373 22) 408 445.

For country specific information, go to

ACS Hours


  • logo

    If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.