Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Visitor/Tourist Visas (B2)

The tourist visa (B2 visa) is available for anyone wishing to go to the United States of America temporarily for pleasure. This can include visiting family, relatives, friends, or acquaintances, or simply for traveling throughout the United States. It is U.S. government policy to facilitate and promote international travel and the free movement of people of all nationalities to the United States. Consular officers endeavor to expedite applications for and issuance of visitors' visas so long as issuance of the visa is consistent with the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations. In most cases, a qualified applicant for a tourist visa will receive a combination B1/B2 (business and tourism) visa.


Tourist visa applicants must establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in a foreign country which they have no intention of abandoning, and that they will depart the United States at the end of their visit. 

You must also demonstrate that you will not work or resort to government funds while in the U.S. At the visa interview, consular officers try to determine that an applicant has adequate funds to avoid unlawful employment while in the United States, specific and realistic travel plans, and strong ties abroad.

To apply for a tourist visa, please follow the application process on

B-2 Visa for Medical Treatment

There is no special visa for medical treatment. Indeed, all applicants for medical visas must meet the requirements for a B2 tourist visa as listed above. All applicants must demonstrate their intention to return to Moldova after their treatment in the United States.

In the United States Foreign nationals in the United States on B-2 status are allowed to visit family and friends and travel throughout the United States. However, as tourists, they are not allowed to engage in any skilled or unskilled labor. This means that they may not perform any sort of activity for which an American resident would be paid. This could include working at a construction site, helping out at a friend or relative's place of business, or even babysitting a relative's children. A foreign national on B-2 classification who engages in any of these activities may have a difficult time qualifying for a tourist (or any other type of visa) in the future.

Visa Services